The Garden Club of Allegheny County (GCAC) was founded in 1914 by a group of men and women passionate about gardening, horticulture, conservation, and civic planning.
Our 100-year history tells the story of our Club’s dedication to promoting conservation, civic planning and planting, gardening and design, and horticultural education. Our members translate their passion into action that transforms individuals and communities.
Our major club initiatives include:
- Donating over $1 million in grants and scholarships through our annual PIZZAZZ fundraiser
- Ongoing commitments to partner organizations throughout southwestern Pennsylvania
- Implementing beautification and restorations projects in neighborhoods, parks and historic gardens
- Documenting horticulture design and history for the Archive of American Gardens at the Smithsonian Institution
- Promoting conservation through demonstration and education initiatives, programs and grants
Read GCAC's 100 Year History →
GCAC Award from Pennsylvania Environmental Council
GCAC received a special honor at the PEC awards dinner in May 2016. GCAC was honored for its Centennial Project and 100-year history of environmental work in the region. Watch the wonderful video shown at the awards dinner here.
(Credit to PEC 2016)
PIZZAZZ Boutique Fundraiser
October 18 - 20, 2017
Learn More →