The Garden Club of Allegheny County (GCAC) was founded in 1914 by a group of men and women passionate about gardening, horticulture, conservation, and civic planning.
Our 100-year history tells the story of our Club’s dedication to promoting conservation, civic planning and planting, gardening and design, and horticultural education. Our members translate their passion into action that transforms individuals and communities.
Our major club initiatives include:
- Donating over $1 million in grants and scholarships through our annual PIZZAZZ fundraiser
- Ongoing commitments to partner organizations throughout southwestern Pennsylvania
- Implementing beautification and restorations projects in neighborhoods, parks and historic gardens
- Documenting horticulture design and history for the Archive of American Gardens at the Smithsonian Institution
- Promoting conservation through demonstration and education initiatives, programs and grants
PIZZAZZ 2015 was a great success!
Check back for information about 2016
Learn More →